Two (or more) years before Annual Chapter Meeting:
- Prepare preliminary Annual Meeting and institute budget in conjunction with President and Local Arrangements Committee.
- By April - Choose and book hotel space.
Year preceding the Annual Chapter Meeting
- Investigate options and costs for opening reception and Friday night social event. Special event spaces book significantly in advance. Plan and book as far in advance as practical.
- Investigate caterers.
- Develop preliminary general program theme in consultation with President and Local Arrangements Chair.
- Chair attends annual chapter business meeting and publicizes SEAALL Annual Meeting.
- Block out program and preliminary schedule for activities in conjunction with President and Program committee.
- Consult with President regarding corporate sponsors for meals, breaks, events if necessary.
- Book the transportation (if needed) for Opening Reception and other social events.
- Solicit exhibitors and sponsors.
- Make final caterer selection.
- Continue to solicit exhibitors and sponsors.
- Choose registration software.
- Contact local law libraries regarding their interest in being included on tours.
- Receive preliminary program copy from Program Committee.
- Create preliminary Annual Meeting Website but do not go live.
- Continue to solicit exhibitors & sponsors.
- Confirm caterer(s).
- Follow-up with vendors about exhibiting via mail or phone.
- Finalize schedule for institute, Executive Board, local law libraries tours, programs, coffee breaks, meals and other events.
- Launch and publicize Annual Meeting Website including registration form, preliminary program, local restaurant recommendations, and transportation options.
- Select community service partner and communicate information to the Community Service Committee.
- Order tote bags.
- Expense/revenue reports due to the President one month prior to the annual chapter meeting.
- Send acknowledgment to Exhibitors, include hotel shipping address and confirm needs for Exhibit area (tables, a/v, etc.).
- Forward checks to Treasurer weekly for deposit.
- Make hotel reservations for AALL Chapter Visitor and guest speakers.
- Acquire registration supplies (name badges, folders, etc.).
- When processing registrations, track first time attendees, vegetarian meal requests, extra meal and/or event ticket purchases, institute registrations.
- Determine room assignments for programs. Prepare final program.
- Prepare any signs not being taken care of by the conference facility.
- Prepare schedule for registration desk and recruit volunteers.
- Contact exhibitors/sponsors regarding attendees’ names, prepare badges.
- Begin preparation of registrant name badges.
- Choose menus for opening reception food and drink, Annual Meeting meals, and Annual Meeting breaks.
One week before Annual Meeting
- Complete registrant name badges.
- Prepare a list of registrants and list of exhibitors.
- Give caterer(s) final head counts for meals, including vegetarian requests.
- Prepare written instructions for Registration Desk volunteers.
- Stuff registration packets.
After Annual Meeting
- Review invoices from hotel and other service providers; forward to Treasurer.
- Prepare financial statement including income, expenses and profit or loss; send to President.
- Write annual report for Committee; send to President.
- Review meeting evaluations by attendees; incorporate any recommendations into annual report.